Scarecrows are returning to Madison in October!
The Madison Chamber invites you to participate as Scarecrows Invade downtown Madison for the 8th year in a row! This is a wonderful way to show off the talents of your family, class, organization or business! All can participate – schools, businesses, families, individuals, and community groups.
Register & Pay
Registration is now open! Please visit our Scarecrow Registration 2017
- Scarecrows must be in good taste and suitable for viewing by all.
- Scarecrows must be freestanding or supported by a prop (wheelbarrow, chair, etc.)
- Entire display must fit in an approximate 4 x 4 foot area.
- The Madison Chamber of Commerce (MCC) will determine the location for your scarecrow on a first come, first served basis, unless you request a specific location or scarecrow is being placed at your business location
- MCC is not responsible for loss or damage to scarecrows while on display.
- You are responsible for setting the scarecrow up in the designated spot and taking a digital photo to submit to the Chamber for online contest viewing.
- Judging will be by on-line public balloting, hosted by The Source newspaper, from October 13 through October 28.
- Winners will be announced on Halloween at the town’s “Trunk or Treat” event on the Town Green.
- MCC reserves the right to use photographs and/or names of individuals and organizations for advertising and promotional purposes.
October 7 (10am-12pm) – Bring completed scarecrow to the area near the Key Bank Courtyard downtown. Representatives of the Madison Chamber of Commerce will be there for check-in and location assignment. You are responsible for setting the scarecrow up in the designated spot.
October 9 – Scarecrows must be in place.
October 13 – Online public judging begins.
October 28 – Last day for online voting
October 31 – Winners announced at the Trunk or Treat” event on the Town Green.